facebook

STOP Your Kids From Playing Around This Plant That Can Kill Them.

If gardening is your hobby or like to decorate your house with different indoor plants, you should not only consider consulting a perfectionist in this field but should also make sure if you have researched them right.  Some home plants can also be really poisonous.

You would be planting some because they make the indoor look attractive but you should definitely go through the following story.

This plant is called Dieffenbachia.
I think everyone must be aware of this plant.
poisnous-plant

Recently, a 5-year-old boy, Esteban was playing around the house when suddenly he began experiencing severe stomach pain. At first, his parents thought it was just a regular stomach pain since Esteban had eaten too many sweets. However, after some time, the child was complaining to stronger pain and his parents decided to take him to the hospital. The doctors found that the child had an anaphylactic shock. Anaphylaxis is a severe, potentially life-threatening allergic reaction which requires immediate treatment, such as an injection of epinephrine. If left untreated, anaphylaxis can have serious consequences, and even death.

This plant contains needle-shaped calcium oxalate crystals, known as raphides. According to experts, the toxicity of the plant is caused by its proteloytic enzymes that stimulate histamine secretion. If you chew a leaf of the plant, the crystals may cause a temporary burning sensation and erythema. Also, it may result in mastication and ingestion.

So, beware of this plant, if you have it in your garden. And try to keep it away from your kids.

Share this valuable information with your friends and family.