Health Benefits Of Simple Breathing Exercise.
Kapalbhati Pranayam is one of the most popular forms of deep breathing exercises in the yoga. This simple breathing exercise can help you get rid of various ailments over a period of time.
STEPS FOR KAPALBHATI PRANAYAM:
- Kapalbhati has to be practiced on an empty stomach. To do Kapalbhati, Sit on the flat floor and fold your legs.
- Keep the spine straight and close the eyes. Keep the right palm on right knee and left palm on left knee.
- Now breathe slowly and exhale with all your force so your stomach goes deep inside, forcing out the air from the lungs. The inhalation should be passive and normal.
- Repeat this cycle for 15 times if you are beginner.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF KAPALBHATI PRANAYAM
- Blood circulation is an important part of your body’s overall function and health. This breathing technique improves the circulation of freshly oxygenated blood to every part of the body.
- It initiates the removal of carbon dioxide from the body, as a result it leads to blood purification.
- Kapalbhati is a great way to relax your body and overcome stress and anxiety.
- Helps to normalize your blood pressure (in case of high or low blood pressure) and lowers the risk of developing any heart problems.
- It can improve your digestive system and cure stomach disorder, acidity, obesity, digestive disorder and many problems related to stomach.
- It helps to cleanse the lungs, sinuses, respiratory system and improve the blood circulation, respiration and the capacity of the lungs. It can even cure respiratory diseases like bronchitis and asthma.
- It can stimulate the functioning of the endocrine organs that can boost your metabolism, help release toxins and help you burn more calories, all these benefits can lead to weight loss.
- Diabetes is the most common disorder associated with the pancreas. Kapalbhati stimulates pancreas to release insulin thereby helps to control diabetes.
KAPALBHATI PRANAYAM SIDE EFFECTS
- Avoid doing Kapalbhati Pranayama if you are suffering from high blood pressure or any heart ailment.
- Also, approach the practice with caution if you suffer from any respiratory disease such as asthma.
- Stop the exercise if you faint or feel dizzy. Always work within your limits.