Once we leave our college years, it gets much harder to meet new people. When we were in College or High School it was not very hard to make new friends. Then what has changed? You are a grown up ordinary person having an average amount of friends ones from childhood, others from the college and some more from elsewhere. Is not that enough for you? Are you seeking for new relationships but without having any results? Do not think that friends are given you from your birth. If you really want to meet new people you should do something from the given list below. Result won’t get late.
1. Get a pet
A study from the University of Western Australia suggests that owning a pet can help you meet new people. As the researchers surveyed more than 80 percent of pet owners claimed they have met a friend in their neighborhood, compared to just 70 percent the people who did not own a pet .One of the most common ways participants said they met their neighbors was dog walking.
2 .But if you are so busy that you cannot look after your pet or simply you do not want to take on the responsibility of actually bringing dog home you can volunteer at a local animal shelter or ask your friend you will be down for pet sitting while she/he is away. You will get all of the social benefits of owning a dog without taking on the additional responsibility and making things you do not want.
3. Are not a big fan of animals? No problems. You can make new meetings while your morning walks in the park. Imagine how many people gather there to do the same as you- just walk or even other things such as sitting down the bench breathing fresh air and relaxing. There will be dozens of people much likely as it was in your college’s yard while breaks. So go ahead! Speak to someone as you used to do in your youth.
4. Do not have a time for morning walks? You can find friends while going in the evening fitness gyms. Joining the gym gets you admission to a group of people who you will see for the next few weeks at least, who you will develop some camaraderie from exercising together. Some are all about getting wondered body and take it pretty seriously. Others are just a canonised excuse to go for drinks after exercise is over. They may not even be real sportsmen, instead going with something much more casual and friendly to non-athletes, like hanging with their friends.
5. Hang out on a website suggesting helping you with your new relationships. Most people especially youngsters now days prefer to meet up with people they had a look through in virtual world. But always be careful while meeting strangers. Having an excellent profile does not mean the person is perfect too.
6. Still do not like the idea of chatting with strangers and going to gym? If you have started a family this one may be more prominent for you. You can meet people, mainly other parents, through your kids. You can talk to other parents at the playground as well as before or after daycare and school, or during little league games. You can get to know parents your children’s friends; You can get in with organizations such as the parent-teacher Association; You can spend volunteering your time as a scout leader or coach, and get in touch the other adults who are the members as well.
7. Through your religion – For those who are religious there are lots of opportunities to meet others and ones who are sharing quite the same values as you are. Besides from going to regular services at a temple, church, mosque or whatnot, and meeting people this way, there may also be lots of different events, recreational activities, and clubs you can take part in. Different churches have different qualities based on their denomination; the types of people who attend them and you may have to try a few out before you find out one that has a community that you get on with.
Please support us by following our Facebook page and sharing this post with your friends and family.