10 Things You NEED To Know About Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s day is an internationally celebrated day of love and romance. That everyone knows, But there are few things you need to know about valentine’s day.
1. Americans spend $1.6 billion a year on Valentine’s Day candy.
2. 14% of women send themselves flowers on Valentine’s Day.
3. Verona, Italy receives thousands of letters to Juliet every year.
4. One in five Americans will buy a Valentine’s gift for their pets.
5. A British school banned Valentine’s Day cards.
6. Brazil celebrates its day of love, Dia dos Namorados, in June.
7. The world record for most people kissing at once was broken on Valentine’s Day.
8. It’s also the day we got our first picture of the solar system.
9. Over 130,000 people send their valentines through Loveland, Colorado every year.
10. But not every Valentine’s Day moment was so nice. During the Valentine’s Day Massacre of 1929, Al Capone’s goons lined up seven of his rivals and shot them 90 times. The brutal attack made him the king of organized crime in Chicago.
So what are you going to do on this valentine’s day?