10 Facts About the Late and Great Paul Walker That Will Touch Your Heart.
Paul Walker was an incredibly talented actor who left behind a legacy of films that he’ll always be remembered for, including:
- The ‘Fast and Furious’ franchise
- ‘Running Scared’
- ‘Into the Blue’
Walker was an inspiration both on and off the silver screen and while you may be familiar with his films, there are some things that may surprise you about the late actor.
Here are 10 facts about Paul Walker.
1. Paul started his small screen career as a toddler, when he starred in a commercial for Pampers in the 1970’s.
2. Paul was a natural actor and started working in television in 1985 at the age of 11, appearing in“Highway to Heaven”, “Touched by an Angel”, “Throb” and others before moving on to the big screen.
3. Walker didn’t just fight in movies, he held a brown belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu. Turns out fighting runs in the family as his father, Paul Walker III, was a two-time Golden Gloves Champion, a sport his grandfather also took part in.
4. Paul Walker majored in Marine Biology at the California community college, and was a huge fan of Marine Biologist Jacques-Yves Cousteau.
5. Paul was a dedicated father to his daughter, Meadow Rain Walker.
During an interview with GQ, Paul revealed: “She keeps encouraging me to do all this stuff. I thought at this point in my life I would need to be home with her, but she wants me to keep acting so she can travel around the world with me.” (source)
6. Paul was always held in high regard and was close friends with his “Fast and Furious” co-star Tyrese Gibson. Vin Diesel considered Paul to be like a brother, and affectionately called him“Pablo”.
7. Paul’s father was a two-time “Golden Gloves” champion. His grandfather also had a boxing career as “Irish’ Billie Walker”.
8. Paul was an avid car enthusiast and competed in the Redline Time Attack racing series. He raced a BMW M3 E92 and was on the AE Performance Team.
9. Vin Diesel named is daughter “Pauline” in memory of his co-star, friend and brother.
10. Paul was known for having a huge heart and always helped people in any way he could.
R.I.P Paul, we will always Miss you! <3
Please share this article!